Kids love to find a treat in their lunchbox and Moms are always looking for good options.
Funky Monkey Snacks has joined with Marvel Avengers characters to extend its line of freeze-dried snacks to feature a different Avenger on every package. Each fruit flavor is 100% fruit with no added ingredients. The flavors are tart sweet and some kids may not be used to this real fruit flavor. Our only concern is that most flavors offered 2 servings per package. This doubles the calories noted on the nutrition label. It is unlikely that a busy Mom will split the package between two kids or save half for tomorrow. Though the packages are recloseable, freeze-dried fruits don’t store well once the package is opened.
- Mighty Bananas (Thor) – 110 calories (2 ½ servings per package), 3 grams of fiber, no sodium, and 340 milligrams of potassium
- Legendary Cinnamon Apples (Captain America) – 110 calories (2 servings per package), 3 grams of fiber, no sodium, and 160 milligrams of potassium; this flavor has added cinnamon
- Incredible Pineapples (The Hulk) – 110 calories (2 servings per package), 2 grams of fiber, no sodium, 270 milligrams of potassium, and 84 milligrams of vitamin C (140% of the daily requirement); our favorite flavor
- Ultimate Strawberries (Spider-Man) – 110 calories (2 servings per package), 6 grams of fiber, no sodium, and 420 milligrams of potassium and 48 milligrams of vitamin C (80% of the daily requirement)
- Invincible Strawberry Bananas (Iron Man) – 110 calories (2 servings per package), 4 grams of fiber, no sodium, and 360 milligrams of potassium and 21 milligrams of vitamin C (35% of the daily requirement)
All the varieties are kosher certified (OU), vegan, and made in a peanut-free facility. You might want to check out some other Funky Monkey products we highlighted in an earlier New In The Market.
Skeeter cookies uses the character Skeeter the squirrel that is allergic to nuts to highlight that these cookies are nut-free and made in a nut-free facility. The cookies are available in 2 cookie packages in 4 flavors. Each flavor is equally delicious and it would be a personal preference which one you or your children liked the best.
- Chocolate 3 – 190 calories per package
- Chocolate Chunk – 190 calories per package
- Golden Oatmeal – 180 calories per package
- SkeeterDoodle – 170 calories per package
As peanut and tree nut allergies become more prevalent, many children attend nut-free daycare facilities and schools. If your child has a nut allergy, these are a good tasting cookie choice. If you need nut-free snacks to send to school, Skeeter fits that bill as well.
Grimmway Farms the largest grower, producer and shipper of carrots in the world has once again expanded its product line with Carrot Dippers. These are single-serve snack packs of baby carrots with a side of ranch dressing. They have a “best if used by” date with ab
out a 30 day shelf life in the refrigerator.
The entire package has 50 calories with 2 ounces of baby carrots (about 16) and 0.5 ounce of ranch dressing (about 1 tablespoon). The serving offers 2 grams of fiber, 80% of your daily need for vitamin A (4,000 IUs) and 160 milligrams of sodium. Carrots, especially raw, are a kid-friendly vegetable. Carrot Dippers are sold as a 5-pack and are a great, healthy lunchbox addition offering a lot of chewing satisfaction and a solid nutrition profile for a small amount of calories.
You might want to check out some other Grimmway Farms products we highlighted in an earlier New In The Market.