Seattle’s Best Coffee has introduced two new product lines – ready-to-drink, canned, iced lattes and a new level system to help you find the right roast for your coffee taste buds.
Selecting coffee today is like selecting the right wine. Often we buy a variety or roast only to be disappointed when the brew comes out too strong or too weak. Seattle’s Best Coffee is now labeling their retail coffees packages by numbers or levels from 1 through 5. The varying levels of taste and strength allow you to pick the type of coffee you enjoy or let you experiment with different coffee tastes to find a brew you like. The level system is like a cheat sheet that gives you an idea of what to expect from each variety.
- Level 1, gold package – is mild, light and crisp – for those who enjoy a light coffee with less kick. Perfect for sipping.
- Level 2, orange package – has a brighter and more distinct coffee taste. It reflects a true Colombian coffee.
- Level 3, red package – has a smooth but very full-flavored coffee taste and aroma. A real coffee-lovers coffee. We decided we were level 3 coffee people.
- Level 4, aqua package – has a rich, complex taste. This is the get-you-going morning coffee many of us cannot function without.
- Level 5, purple package – like its regal color, level 5 is a bold, dark brew. This is a no-nonsense strong coffee that is similar to French Roast.
Seattle’s Best has blended and roasted each level to assure the consumer that each bag will deliver the taste and degree of strength they prefer.
Like many franchise coffeehouses, Seattle’s Best has designed Iced Lattes as a way to extend their brand into the ready-to-drink, retail beverage market. Iced coffees account for about 20% of all coffeehouse sales, so this is a natural product extension for grocery and convenience stores. Sold as a single 9.5-ounce can or in a 4-pack, the lattes come in 3 flavors – Iced Latte, Iced Mocha, and Iced Vanilla Latte. Each flavor is based in reduced fat milk and has 130 calories per can and 100 milligrams of calcium. All are sweetened, with the vanilla flavor having the sweetest flavor. The 9.5-ounce serving size is both ample and reasonable.