Wrap sandwiches are versatile and offer options that you just can’t prepare between two slices of bread. The downside to most wrap sandwiches is that they are too big and the calorie load is enormous. Tumaro’s, already known for their Gourmet Tortillas, has just launched New York Deli Style Wraps.
The best feature of these wraps is that no flavor has more than 100 calories in a 10-inch wrap. Ample in size but reasonable in calories, it is easy to make a sandwich that doesn’t bust your calorie budget for the day. And all varieties offer an excellent source of fiber. The wraps come in five New York deli-inspired flavors:
- Cracked Pepper: 100 calories, 2.5 grams fat, 12 grams fiber, 21 grams carb and 230 milligrams sodium
- Everything: 80 calories, 2.5 grams fat, 10 grams fiber, 17 grams carb and 270 milligrams sodium
- Pumpernickel: 80 calories, 2 grams fat, 9 grams fiber, 19 grams carb and 280 milligrams sodium
- Rye: 80 calories, 2 grams fat, 9 grams fiber, 19 grams carb and 280 milligrams sodium
- Sour Dough: 80 calories, 2 grams of fat, 9 grams of fiber, 17 grams carb and 420 milligrams sodium
We used the wraps to hold tuna salad, scrambled eggs, salads, hummus and veggies, and more traditional sandwich ingredients (like ham and cheese). We found every variety to be tasty and pliable. The shelf-life is excellent. Definitely worth a try. Kosher certified.