Every day you lose millions of cells. They are used up, worn out, rubbed off – or even cut off like your hair or fingernails. You build up, break down and replace cells around the clock. To accomplish all this, your body needs a continuous source of protein.
Did you know:
- You can’t live without protein
- Most experts believe we need to eat more protein
- Protein protects you from serious illness and promotes a long and active life
- Protein can help you lose weight and keep it off
- Athletes don’t need to overload on protein
- You don’t need to eat meat to get enough protein
The type and amount of protein you eat will maximize your fitness, boost your immune system, protect you from chronic disease, help you lose weight and keep it off, prevent muscle lose as you age, and help you cope with stress.
The Protein Counter, 3rd Edition, is the best source for reliable nutrition information about protein. It cuts through the myths and gets to the facts. You’ll find simple steps to determine your individual protein needs along with the calorie, protein, fat and carb values for over 15,000 foods and 82 restaurant chains. Hundreds of energy bars and drinks are listed.
The Protein Counter, 3rd ed., Pocket Books, 2011, $7.99.